Friday 18 December 2015

If You Let the Weather Stop You, You'll Never Get Anything Done!

Great Britain is famous for many things, but good weather isn't one of them. Although I appreciate when the sun does show its face, it can be discouraging when dark, low-lying clouds hang over my apartment and drizzly rain driven by frigid winds finds its way under my collar sending a shiver down my spine. In fact the only souls crazy enough to brave a slushy Saturday morning are the hardcore runners and Jehovah's Witnesses.

I, on the other hand, would like to do nothing more than curl up by the stove with a book in one hand and a cup of tea in the other. So much for my regular exercise routine. Or is it? Well, if we were all to use the UK winters as an excuse to not exercise, then we might as well hibernate until Spring. At least that way we'd stop eating for four or five months!

Realistically though, what can be done to beat the winter weather without becoming hardcore, exercising masochists? Check out the great suggestions given in the NHS article: Exercising in winter. Click here to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment